Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 13 Sandpoint, Idaho


One may think that since I go to school in eastern Tennessee that I am used to mountains and do not get awestruck by them anymore.  That is nowhere near the case.  My amazement with mountains is exactly the reason why I love going to school in Knoxville.  Eastern Washington and Idaho have been nothing but gorgeous tree-covered mountains, and I am in just as much awe of the first one I saw as I am with the tenth and twentieth ones.  The only thing is that this is not even the last of mountains, nor is the most beautiful according to locals and guys who have done this trip before.  Some of the destinations ahead that have the potential of having more beautiful scenery to display are West Yellowstone, places in Wyoming, Colorado Springs, and the one I am looking forward to most: Denver.



We had another fairly easy day of just over forty miles, followed by another five hour free time day.  Here in Sandpoint, we are staying at an athletic club that is basically a YMCA.  We played racquetball, basketball, got in the hot tub, and walked around town.  The city is actually really cool for a small town with many little shops and restaurants.  While talking to people in town, we learned that there is another cycling team that is about to start a race from San Diego to Annapolis that they will complete in seven or eight days.  They invited us to their fundraising dinner at a local brewery/restaurant, so that was cool to see and hang out with people there.  The people that were part of the team and sponsors all introduced us and invited them to approach us and learn more about our trip.  Overall, it was a pretty relaxed day, and I am sorry but there is not much else to say except I am having an absolute blast so far and could not ask for a better summer



Also, you can click on this link and go to the Journey of Hope's Flickr page to see every single picture I have taken thus far on the trip.  You can also keep going back to this page, as I will be updating it every day that I have access to the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment