Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 12 Rathdrum, Idaho

Well we can finally say that we are no longer in Washington.  I arrived in Seattle on May 21st, and seventeen days later, a new state welcomes me.  Those seventeen days flew by because of a combination of fun times, boring times, and excitement.  I cannot even begin to describe the friendships I have already made on this journey, and we are less than two weeks into the trip.  Again, I would like to thank everyone who helped me this opportunity possible.



Hello Idaho.  The ride from Spokane to Rathdrum was possibly the easiest one that the cyclists will have for the entire summer.   It was only thirty-two miles.  Yes, I did say only.  I will have to do some research but I believe this day is the shortest day of the summer.  Other than some mild winds and chilly temperatures, the weather was not bad at all.  The sun was out, which is always a crowd favorite.  When we arrive at each state, we normally stop the entire team to give them the opportunity to take pictures with their school flag or with friends.  This is a huge tradition for all three Journey of Hope teams.  It is cool to see the different types of school’s flags at each state’s border.  Because we are in the middle of nowhere for the next couple days, friendship visit are very scarce.  Today we did not have one; therefore, we had about five hours of free time to explore the city, take a nap, or just hang out.  Tonight we are staying at a summer camp ground in the cabins, so there is really much to do.  Some of the guys went hiking up a mountain and ended up in four feet deep snow, but I fell asleep and missed out on all the fun.  The camp provided dinner for us, and the home cooked meal of spinach ravioli and Caesar salad was fantastic.  Oh, and you cannot forget about my favorite thing ever: dinner rolls.  I am pretty sure I will gain a lot of weight this summer because of all of the amazing food I will be fed along the way.  Oh yeah.  What was for desert you ask? Apple cobbler. Case and point on gaining some l.b.’s.  We have another pretty easy day tomorrow with just as much free time, so maybe I will not miss out on a cool hike if there is the opportunity.  Thanks for reading my blogs! And you have yourself a fantastic day.



No comments:

Post a Comment